Translate

Saturday 11 February 2023

Script Snippets: “Keep Sleeping”

INT. CONFERENCE VENUE – DAY

A motivational speaker is addressing a large crowd from a stage.

SPEAKER: Ladies and gentlemen, never give up on your dreams! Some people give up all on their dreams when they wake up and get out of bed. I say, dream BIG! Go back to bed and get some sleep.

A man in the front row of the audience, who is nodding off, suddenly starts snoring loudly.

The speaker walks over to the man with his microphone.

SPEAKER: Excuse me, sir, please tell us, what is your dream?

MAN: (waking up, rubbing his eyes) Er? Oh, sorry. I must have dozed off.

The audience laughs.

SPEAKER: Hahaha! Don’t apologize, it happens to the best of us! What is the dream, sir?

Another audience member shouts out excitedly:

AUDIENCE MEMBER: Never give up on your dreams!

SPEAKER: Exactly! Sir, please tell us all, what is your dream?

MAN: Well, it’s silly really…

SPEAKER: Yes?

MAN: I suppose I want to be a professional napper.

SPEAKER: Oh! A round of applause ladies and gentlemen, please!

The audience applauds.

SPEAKER: A professional napper, he says! I say, why not? The world needs more people who take their dreams seriously. You know what I say? Do you? I say go for it. Go for it… right now!

AUDIENCE: Sleep! Sleep! Sleep!

The audience is standing up and getting very excited, whooping, cheering, and clapping. The speaker is running around the stage, ecstatic.

SPEAKER: You can do it. DO IT!

The man tries but doesn’t feel much like it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment