Translate

Saturday 14 October 2023

Shades of Evergreen

Though distanced from your grace, your laughter's vivid hue,

Still in my secret heart, a fire’s lit, and it's all for you.

Yet, even as the dark descends, and moonlight takes its toll,

Your smile illuminates the hidden chambers of my soul.

 

What a cruel joke, that fates have drawn their line,

And placed us worlds apart, in different points of time.

Yet in each stolen glance, there's something more I find,

A beauty underneath, the outer attraction of your kind.

 

I see the care you give, the simple joys you share,

The way you make a moment sweet, just by being there.

But, like a moth too close to light, I fear I can't come near,

For what could such as I offer, to one I hold so dear?

 

And so, I hide away, in dim-lit corners where,

The brilliance of your smile can't quite so fully glare.

Yet know that in the dark, a secret fire's alight,

Fanned by your distant grace, it warms my lonely night.



No comments:

Post a Comment