Translate

Friday 20 January 2023

Hidden

You think you know what's hidden in my heart?
You think you know what's tearing me apart?
No, you don’t have clue,
I’ll always be a mystery to you:
I’m the desire burning through,
keeping you up, and down, all night.
You think you know what’s on my mind,
But the thoughts I keep are of a different kind:
I'm the longing that you can't ignore;
I'm the feeling that you can't deny;
I'm the rhythm that makes you come alive;
I'm the spark that ignites the flame;
I'm the desire that drives you insane.
You think you know what’s floating through my mind?
You think you know what’s rotting deep inside?
You think you know me, but you don't know a thing;
I'm a mystery, a puzzle, a song without a ring.
You think you own me, but I'm not your possession –
I'm my own, my one and only obsession.
The truth is you’ll never know, and that's just fine:
It’s my life, my story and I’ll keep it mine;
It's mine to keep, mine to reveal,
My mystery, my puzzle, my tale to tell.


Words and (some) Music by Robert Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment